If you’ve been following me for a while, you’ll notice that I have changed my domain from paulpehrson.com to docguy.training. I made this change for several reasons.
- My old site was compromised and spam content and links had been injected into every page and every post (at the database level).
- I first created my old site using WordPress in about 2007. I’ve been using the same database and file structure since then. That meant that there were a lot of old files from old themes hanging around and a bunch of other junk. I think this is where my security was breached. It was time to clean ship.
- I decided to set up a brand new installation of WordPress with a new database. This should enhance the security of the site. I also wanted to start fresh with a new theme and new plugins.
- I wanted to easily switch to a secure HTTPS connection without confusing people with my old URL.
So, welcome to the new site, docguy.training!
I’d also like to thank several people who commented or contacted me to let me know that my old site had been compromised. Thank you.
Removing the spam comment from my posts is a manual process, so I’m having to go into each post and remove the links manually. I’m only including posts once I’ve cleaned them, so it may take some time for me to completely restore all old content. There are hundreds of posts. Currently, I’ve fixed about 5% of the posts.
I believe that there are a lot of broken links and broken images. I’m going to try to fix those as I encounter them. If there is one that is really frustrating you, please feel free to let me know.
Anyway, thanks for your patience! Onward and upward!